Have you ever considered relocating down under? We are working with a number of Australian clients that can offer excellent opportunities for UK trained accountants and corporate finance professionals to move to Australia across all of the major cities to include:
Benefits of Living & Working in Australia
- Often voted as the happiest country to Live
- The number 1 destination for UK migrants for the last 20 years (Office of National statistics)
- Politically safe with a government that does not get too tied up in other countries policies
- Higher standard of Living – Over 90% happy with housing
- Higher salary packages with good benefits
- Provides a better work life balance
- Warm climate providing an amazing outdoor lifestyle
- English speaking so easier to communicate and meet new people.
- Higher salaries for shorter days
- Great for families offering plenty to do with children and an excellent schooling system
- A generally strong economy with a wealth of natural resources
- Diverse culture with cosmopolitan cities.
- Living in Australia offers one of the healthiest and happiest lifestyles in the world, with an extremely welcoming and laid-back population, and an average day that revolves around being outside and quite often down at the beach.
- Some of the nicest beaches and clearest waters in the world – Nearly 80% of the population live within 50 kms of the coast, so you can be sure to find yourself within easy reach.
- The working days are not as long allowing a better work life balance and Australia also boasts twice as many sunny days as the UK which is sure to bring a smile to your face when moving there to progress your career.
- Australia has topped the charts on many occasions for the best country to live in (Read here) and many of its Cities rank in the top 10 for the most desirable cities to live.
- People that we have previously placed have reported that they find themselves a lot more relaxed after making the move Down Under, saying they can approach life in Australia in a much calmer frame of mind than they used to.
The process of securing a role in Australia and making the move is similar regardless of your accountancy specialism but there are specific times during the year that firms will recruit for Audit professionals so that they are there for the busy audit season. The majority of firms will begin a recruitment drive in March of each year so it is worthwhile speaking to a specialist Levitate consultant at this time. For Insolvency professionals and other accountancy specialisms, there are no specific dates that firms will recruit and demand is often driven by market conditions.
- Interviews will typically take place over the Telephone or via Video call.
- Offer packages will typically include the cost of your flights and Visa.
- The majority of firms will also provide accommodation for the first 2-4 weeks.
- From interview to start date typically takes around 3 months but this can be quicker.
How can you make this happen?
The first step is to contact one of our specialist International consultants who can walk you through the process in further detail. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and once we have a good understanding of your experience and motivations, we can begin to work to the time-scales you have set to make this dream move a reality.
We will also take time to assist you in writing your CV to appeal to the hiring managers in Australia and once an interview is requested they will walk you through a tailored interview coaching session so that you can demonstrate your experience and strengths effectively.
If this sounds like something you would like to explore then we would love the opportunity to speak with you. Please visit our International careers Page (Here) for further information and relevant International accountancy Jobs