Levitate Recruitment are currently recruiting for a business services accountant to join a top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers in Ashford. The firm offer structured career programs to ensure you are continually learning and progressing.
Working closely with managers and partners, this role is designed to provide a broad but high level of client service to small, (non-audit) clients, primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnership. Services include accounts prep, management accounts, personal and corporation tax computations, VAT and providing advice to these clients about their personal and business matters. The role will evolve to take full responsibility for a portfolio of such clients.
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, companies and partnerships
- Preparation of simple corporation tax computations and returns
- Preparation of personal tax computations and returns
- Preparation of simple VAT returns
- Preparation and review of management accounts
- Providing advice to owner managers on both business and personal matters
- Travelling to client premises as required
- Achieving or exceeding assignment budgeted fees and profits and/or identifying reasons for non-achievement of budgets as appropriate
- Keeping senior management/engagement partner fully informed at all times of progress on jobs, in particular if there is likely to be an unplanned write off
- Liaising with managers and/or team leaders across the firm to ensure the teams are making best use of the resources available at all times
- Carrying out review work on accounts and other assignments prepared by team members when required
- Practice background with a minimum of 3-4 years’ practice experience
- Ideally have a formal qualifications such as ACA or ACCA – PQ professionals will also be considered.
- Good solid and demonstrable knowledge of accounts prep for owner managed businesses (OMBs) to include partnerships, sole traders and companies
- Knowledge and experience of management accounting
- Experience of personal and corporation tax computations
- Experience of providing advice to OMB clients on both business and personal matters
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Happy to delegate when appropriate and also to be delegated to
- Possess the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Have an outgoing and proactive approach to work