Levitate Recruitment are currently recruiting for a qualified or part-qualified actuary to join a leading professional services firm in Bermuda. The role wil involve working closely with clients in pricing, financial reporting, capital modeling, ALM and M&A within the long-term and general (re)insurance market.
Why you should consider this move:
- No Income tax with only a small Payroll tax of 6%
- Contracts are typically 18 months/2 years however longer stays are encouraged.
- The opportunity to build an international network of professional contacts.
- Flights and work permit sponsorship are included on all contracts.
- Option of an interest-free staff loan to help with accommodation and transport.
- Work for a firm that offers a more casual ‘office based’ dress code.
- Enjoy an excellent quality of life, a beautiful climate and no more commuting.
- The beaches, a great social life, and lots of sports and travel await you
- Participate in actuarial projects with a focus on the long-term insurance sector
- Manage competing priorities to ensure complete client satisfaction and project delivery
- Successfully communicate actuarial concepts to non-actuaries
- Participate in marketing events and business development efforts as required
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Bachelor degree or above with strong academic credentials
- Qualified or in the process of exam writing with the Society of Actuaries or equivalent
- 2-3 years relevant actuarial experience in life and annuity markets, and a willingness to learn about general insurance markets
- Prior experience with actuarial software, preferably GGY AXIS and/or MG-ALFA
- Experience with VBA, SQL, MATLAB, R, Python is a plus
- Familiarity with actuarial reporting under US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Strong client communication skills, both written and oral