Levitate Recruitment are curently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to join a Top 20 Firm of accountants in their Central London office. This is a busy and varied role and is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking form that can offer future career development and further training.
You will report directly to the Senior Management Accountant and will be responsible for preparing the monthly, quarterly and yearly management accounts, updating the standard rates model and assisting in the annual budget process. They will also provide assistance to the Financial Accountant and to the Head of Finance.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts.
- Responsible for preparing ad hoc reports for departments and users as specified.
- Assist with setting up and maintaining the budget models, the reconciliation of the consolidated budget pack and production of the published budget.
- In conjunction with Financial Accounts, reconcile on a monthly basis, the management accounts figures to the financial accounts.
- Prepare graphics for quarterly briefings and other analysis, as and when required.
- Responsible for time and fees administration and processing in the Practice Management System.
- Responsible for ensuring data between the Practice Management System and the Finance System, including monthly expenses, purchase ledger disbursements and partner/manager car recharges, is transferred accurately and efficiently and reconciled.
- Provide support across the firm for billing, timesheets and general use of the Practice Management system.
- Provide advice and help with the fee input process. Supervise and control the chasing of missing timesheets, ensuring that month end close downs can occur in a timely manner.
- Assist Financial Accountant with accruals/prepayments, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow statements and forecast and VAT.
- Assist Head of Finance with ad hoc tasks.
- ACCA or CIMA qualified or part qualified
- Financially literate and have experience of extracting and analysing data.
- Experienced in Excel to an advanced/professional level including advanced formulae, data interrogation, pivot tables and VBA.
- The role involves a high level of exposure to IT systems, and a good knowledge of accounting principles is required.
- Experience of Advance Practice Management System and Access Dimensions would be helpful, but not essential.