Having recently won lots of new business, a large firm of accountants have engaged Levitate Recruitment to assist them in recruiting experienced Audit & Accounts Seniors to join their firm in Northampton. The firm can offer you a mixed client portfolio of both small to medium sized corporates along with some not for profit clients to include academies and charities.
- Take the Senior roles for a range of audit/accounts assignments
- Supervise junior staff whilst on site and in the office
- Deliver the audit file in a timely manner and within assignment budget
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and potential management letter points
- Work closely with clients as the ket=y contact for any queries or issues raised.
- Develop specialist sector knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments
- Mentor audit and accounts trainees and contribute to the office’s training and development programme
- Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Knowledge of and experience of current auditing standards and approaches: analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit and accounts files using an electronic working paper system such as Caseware
- Significant prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP, and also charities and LLPs
- Experience of preparing and auditing consolidated accounts and component auditor issues
- Leadership experience –experience supervising teams on-site and reviewing their work
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget