Levitate Recruitment have excellent opportunity for an Audit and Accounts Senior to take up a position with a Preston based firm of Accountants. You will be joining an award winning professional services firm with an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment.
The Corporate team provides an assortment of business support services to individuals and businesses of varying entity types, covering a vast array of sectors and specialisms including; not for profit, academies, professional practices, manufacturing, leisure and tourism, motor dealers.
- Taking responsibility for planning, field work and completion of statutory and other audits in a variety of industries, including substantial groups and specialist sectors
- Supervising audit teams on site, working on a variety of assignments, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget
- Completing specialist audits under a variety of client money regulations, grant funding schemes and other regulatory requirements
- Performing internal audits for clients under an outsourced role
- Providing accounting support to a variety of clients by preparing management accounts, VAT returns and undertaking ad-hoc projects
- Preparing individual and group statutory accounts under UK GAAP, including FRS102 for limited companies, LLP’s, partnerships, sole traders
- Training junior members of staff, providing feedback and support where appropriate, developing client relationships and demonstrating commercial awareness
- Preparation of corporation tax, partnership tax and business tax computations
- Contributing to monitoring of WIP, fee targets and billing in addition to managing own time
- Preparing draft reports and other documentation for presentation to clients
The firm are keen to speak with a positive and enthusiastic candidate who is committed to providing outstanding client service, whilst concurrently taking responsibility for their own personal development. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner, and be a good team player, to ensure the team as a whole meets its objectives.
- Be nearly or newly ACA qualified (or similar)
- Have a sound knowledge and experience of auditing standards and experience of a wide range of audit and accounts clients
- Have experience of preparation of accounts for a variety of entities
- Have experience of supervising assignment teams and providing feedback and training to individuals
- Possess a good knowledge of basic tax principles
- Have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to tailor communication appropriately
- Have a strong commercial awareness
- Have great attention to detail
- Be solutions focussed
- Demonstrate flexibility in working practices to support client needs
- Strong IT skills are essential in this role, with candidates ideally being competent in all Microsoft packages as well as accounts production, audit and corporation tax software, Sage Line 50 and experience of cloud based accounting software.