Levitate Recruitment have excellent opportunity for an Audit and Accounts Supervisor to take up a position with a Preston based firm of Accountants. You will be joining an award winning professional services firm with an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment.
The Corporate team provides an assortment of business support services to individuals and businesses of varying entity types, covering a vast array of sectors and specialisms including; not for profit, academies, professional practices, manufacturing, leisure and tourism, motor dealers.
- Supporting client managers, co-ordinating compliance service delivery, timetabling work and ensuring deadlines are met in an efficient manner
- Maintaining regular contact with clients and other professional contacts, developing relationships and spotting opportunities to add value, liaising with other departments as appropriate
- Assisting in arranging, preparing for and attending planning and completion meetings with clients
- Taking responsibility for planning, field work and completion of statutory and other audits in a variety of industries, including substantial groups and specialist sectors
- Managing audit teams on site, working on a variety of assignments, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget
- Reviewing assignment work and reporting to senior management within the team as appropriate
- Providing support to junior members of staff and assisting them in achieving professional competencies
- Completing and supervising specialist audits under a variety of client money regulations, grant funding schemes and other regulatory requirements
- Performing internal audits for clients under an outsourced role
- Providing accounting support to a variety of clients by preparing management accounts, VAT returns and undertaking ad-hoc projects
- Preparing individual and group statutory accounts under UK GAAP, including FRS102 for limited companies, LLP’s, partnerships, sole traders
- Preparation of corporation tax, partnership tax and business tax computations
- Managing own fee targets, monitoring of WIP and billing in addition to managing own time
- Preparing and presenting reports and other documentation for clients
The firm is seeking a positive and enthusiastic candidate who is committed to providing outstanding client service, whilst concurrently taking responsibility for their own personal development. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner, and be a good team player, to ensure the team as a whole meets its objectives.
- Be recently ACA qualified (or similar)
- Have a sound technical knowledge and experience of auditing standards and experience of a wide range of audit and accounts clients
- Have experience of preparation of accounts for a variety of entities
- Have experience of supervising assignment teams and providing feedback and training to individuals
- Possess a sound technical knowledge of tax principles
- Be an effective communicator with clients, contacts and fellow team members in the manner and pace appropriate to the audience
- Have a strong commercial awareness
- Have great attention to detail
- Be solutions focussed
- Demonstrate flexibility in working practices to support client needs
- Strong IT skills are essential in this role, with candidates ideally being competent in all Microsoft packages as well as accounts production, audit and corporation tax software, Sage Line 50 and experience of cloud based accounting software.