Levitate Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for an Audit Assistant Manager to join a BIG 4 firm of accountants in Southampton. Working in the National markets team you will work with a diverse range of sectors and clients will include a number of FTSE and Aim listed businesses with international subsidiaries as well as owner managed businesses. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Directors and Partners and will be provided with a structured career plan that can also provide the opportunity to work in other UK offices and overseas.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keep up to date with the firms product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification. We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS (US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential)
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.