Levitate Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Top 10 award winning firm in Reading that has experienced significant growth within their Audit division. As a result of several new partners joining the business and the firm winning new clients, they are keen to speak with experienced external Audit professionals about progressive roles at Audit Assistant Manager level.
You will work with a diverse client base including PE backed start ups and AIM listed international companies.
- You will assist the senior management team in the day to day running of a varied client portfolio that includes a wide range of company types and industry sectors to include; Technology, Life sciences, automotive and others.
- You will assist senior management in both client work and in the management of the group.
- You will also have the opportunity to work on special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the senior management team. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year.
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ businesses.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with non-audit clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
- Support Partners and Senior Managers in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through sales and marketing activity.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Act as a role model for trainees and executives.
- ACA/ICAS qualified having trained within a UK audit practice
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with listed clients would be beneficial but is not essential
- USGAAP/GAAS experience would be beneficial but is no essential