A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Audit seniors to join a Top 10 firm in the Channel Islands. This is an excellent opportunity to gain Financial Services experience which will enable you to move into other career paths such as banking more easily in the future. It is a priority to find candidates who are ambitious and want to progress to manager level as this is the intention of the firm.
You will work closely with a range of financial service organisations and will be responsible for carrying out audit engagements from the planning stage through to completion.
- Your client portfolio will mainly include prestigious companies in the financial services sector and amongst others, you will be working within the banking, mutual funds, hedge funds and unit trusts arenas.
- Clients will vary in size and will include small investment houses through to International household names and listed enterprises.
- Working in specialist teams you will take responsibility for managing up to 4 individuals at any one time.
- You will gain exposure to a range of reporting standards including UK & US GAAP although the majority of assignments will be completed under IFRS guidelines.
- This firm are known for actively encouraging career progression by providing you with first-class resources and guidance to make sure you reach your full potential.
- This role offers the opportunity to develop your career exponentially and the right candidate can expect rapid promotion to Manager and beyond.
- Be ACA qualified (or local equivalent) – This is a great chance for newly qualified audit seniors to make their first career move towards the banking sector.
- Minimum of 3 years of external audit experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Show a keen interest in financial services.
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards. Experience in IFRS and US GAAP is considered an advantage.
- Good team working skills and show flexibility when faced with new challenges.
- It is not necessary to have financial services experience (although this will be favourable) as full training will be given.
- Big 4 or Top 10 experience is considered an advantage however candidates from a smaller firm background in the UK will be considered.
The Channel Islands are recognised as one of the world’s leading offshore financial centres and benefit from low tax rates. The beautiful landscape is a mix of winding roads, breath-taking coastline and contemporary living. Although it’s just a short flight from the British mainland the Islands typically offer a pleasanter climate. Sheltered by Britain and France it offers pleasant year-round temperatures.
This is just one of a number of opportunities we are recruiting for across the UK and Overseas. Levitate Recruitment are the leading Accountancy Practice and Insolvency Recruitment Specialist.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about your career options regarding live or future opportunities, contact Scott Lowes at the Levitate Offices.