Levitate Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for an Audit Manager to join a BIG 4 firm of accountants in Southampton. Working in the National markets team you will work with a diverse range of sectors and clients will include a number of FTSE and Aim listed businesses with international subsidiaries as well as owner managed businesses.
You will be required to manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion and the role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP (not essential). You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the firms audit process.
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and firm’s Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements.
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Prepare and negotiate fee proposals for our existing client base, and assist in forming propositions for new business.
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Senior Managers, Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
- Fully qualified ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Significant and recent experience as a Manager in an external audit capacity, working in consumer and industrial markets
- Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and GAAP standards
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word