Levitate Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Audit Senior Manager to join the UK head office of an International Accountancy firm. The firm curently sits as a Top 30 practice but tends to be seen as a boutique and an excellent alternative to the Big Four and Top Ten firms in the UK. The client base is extensive, ranging from the business affairs of high net worth individuals to multi-national groups and they are involved in the full spectrum of business, from start-up and entrepreneurial companies to mature groups, across a wide variety of commercial, generally high margin, sectors (eg motor sport, high end retail brand, property development, technology, financial services) and the ‘not for profit’ sector.
You will be joining the Corporate Services Department that provides a comprehensive range of audit, accounting and transaction support services to clients. These services include management, financial and statutory reporting, extending to full outsourcing of the finance function for a number of clients. Whilst the role will predominantly focus on your Audit experience there is great scope for capable individuals to broaden their business skills across the Corporate Services and Taxation Departments from involvement in due diligence, accountancy support and other commercial advisory assignments.
Opportunities for career progression to Director level are excellent for the right candidate and you will be rewarded with a package which is comparable to salaried partner roles in many other firms.
The role of the Audit Senior Manager has significant, and ultimate, responsibility for the control of audits of a diverse portfolio of clients. The candidate will be expected to work closely with the Corporate Partners of the Firm to provide the first-class service to clients. Duties will include:
- Regular exposure to the owners and / or the directors of clients
- Liaising closely with partners on their clients’ affairs from an audit and commercial perspective
- Provision of accountancy and commercial management support to clients
- Audit risk assessment and planning
- Cost effective delivery of financial statements that meet relevant statutory reporting requirements
- Involvement in one-off work, such as due diligence, investigations and valuations
- Quality control and continuous improvement of processes
- Team leadership and the development of junior staff
- Involvement in proposals for new work and business development initiatives
- The main criteria for candidates applying for this position are a combination of strong technical and analytical skills combined with first rate client handling, project management and team development skills.
- The ability to work flexibly, and on one’s own initiative, in the application of technical knowledge to deliver timely, quality outputs is essential.
- Commercial acumen and a ‘hands-on’ practical approach to work will be highly regarded as will prior transaction support experience.
- Varied statutory audit and accounts preparation experience
- A strong and up-to-date knowledge of UK GAAP, FRS 102 & IFRS (US GAAP knowledge would be helpful but is not critical)
- A working knowledge of key corporate taxation planning issues
- Pragmatism and the ability to use professional judgement
- Ability to delegate to and supervise junior staff