If you have an active interest in Media and Television and would like to progress your career in this area then we have an excellent opportunity with a Top 20 UK firm to discuss with you. Working within their business advisory group you will specialise in Media audits where you will be given the opportunity to work with some of Hollywood’s top studios and production companies. This is a great step for someone that is looking to progress to a commercial role in the media industry as you will be working alongside the UK most recognised accountants in this area and will also be given the opportunity to develop your skills in other accounting areas such as corporate finance. The firm has many high profile clients within the UK, Europe and United States of America in the following sectors:
- Film Production
- Television Production
- Video Gaming
- Special/Visual effects
- Artist Management
- Travel & Transport
- Hotel developers
- Finance Companies
- Other ancillary services to the media industry
Whilst the role will predominantly be to provide outstanding audit services to clients, you will also gain exposure in the following areas:
- Intellectual property valuations in respect of music, film and television rights
- Preparation of business plans and financial models in respect of a variety of businesses and opportunities within the media industry.
- Royalty investigations.
- Preparation of production expenditure analyses for inclusion in tax returns.
- Preparation and audit of production cost reports for both individual productions and coproductions.
- Advising on qualification for creative industries tax credits for film, television, animation and video games to a global client base.
- Preparation and audit of British film certification applications.
- Preparation and audit of funding applications and reports.
Benefits of securing this opportunity:
- Gain experience and build relationships with some of Hollywood’s largest and well recognised people and companies.
- Build a fantastic platform to move into a more commercial role in the Media, film and television industry.
- Progress through to Assistant Manager level over the next 12-18 months
- At least 75% of the time will be based in the office and the majority of clients are London based.
- Join a dynamic business that is growing and developing in size and service offering
- Receive paid overtime alongside a competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Excellent flexible benefits including extra holiday, a strong pension plan and life assurance.
- Minimum qualified ACA/ACCA qualified
- Your current role must include 70% of your time being spent on Audit work.
- UK GAAP experience is a must and IFRS would be an advantage although not necessary.
- The firm are open to applications from people from all firm sizes although the relevant Audit experience is essential. No sector specialism is required as full training will be provided.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- A highly professional appearance and attitude
- Our clients has insisted that all applicants must have recently worked in the UK for a firm of accountants and have the correct documentation to work without requiring sponsorship. Overseas applicants will not be considered by our client.