Levitate Recruitment are currently working with Big 4 firms of Accountants to recruit audit seniors to join their teams across the Caribbean & Bermuda. The firms are leading providers of professional Accountancy services and they want to recruit new team members to satisfy the demand for their high-quality audit services in 2018 & 2019. Multiple opportunities are available across the following Islands:
- The Cayman Islands
- British Virgin Islands
- Turks & Caicos
- The Bahamas
My client is only able to consider Canadian, US, Australian, South African or UK/Irish passport holders at this time.
This position will offer an excellent NET income (Equivalent to £75,000 gross in the UK) along with the opportunity for individuals to enhance their career by working with some of the world’s largest companies operating in financial services.
Specialising in Financial services and Insurance Audit, you will begin your role as an Audit Senior and work under the guidance of experienced managers and partners.
Professionals that make the move are required to adapt from conventional Audit to Financial Services Audit and to assist you in this transition, comprehensive training programmes are provided.
Why should you consider this move?
- Certain islands have no Income tax with others only requiring a small Payroll tax of 6%
- As a newly qualified Accountant your salary will be equal to £75,000 in the UK as you will NET £50,000 after Payroll tax is deducted and there is no requirement for National Insurance contributions
- Excellent opportunities for progression with fast track promotions.
- Contracts are typically 18 months/2 years however longer stays are encouraged.
- Comprehensive training and experience in working with some of the world’s largest financial services organisations.
- The opportunity to build an international network of professional contacts.
- Flights and work permit sponsorship are included on all contracts.
- Option of an interest-free staff loan to help with accommodation and transport.
- Work for a firm that offers a more casual ‘office based’ dress code.
- Settle in with a peer group of other CAs all starting at the same time as you.
- Enjoy an excellent quality of life, a beautiful climate and no more commuting.
- The beaches, a great social life, and lots of sports and travel await you
- Places are limited so don’t leave it too late as you will miss out.
- Client sectors will include;
- Mutual Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Structured Investment Vehicles
- Insurance firms
- Development of audit plan and testing programs
- Contribute to engagement planning, ensuring that products/deliverables meet contract/work plan
- Contribution to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel
- Ensuring quality in delivering of client service
- Follow firm policies and relevant professional standards in performance of procedures
- Execution of multiple concurrent engagements, while delivering exceptional client service according to firm standards
- Report directly to seniors, managers and partners the status of engagements
- A degree in Accounting preferred
- A minimum of two years’ experience in audit with experience in Financial Services preferred – Our client will consider other sector exposure as long as you have large client and IFRS exposure
- In the final year of completing an accounting qualification such as the CPA, CA, ACA or ACCA or already qualified and no more than 2 years post.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, demonstrate sound judgment, and work under tight time deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
Our clients are looking for highly motivated and career driven individuals to fulfil this exciting role. They will present you with first class resources to develop your career and work with you to strengthen your skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within a Big 4 firm as the knowledge and experience to you will gain from this position will be invaluable to your career progression. For those people that are keen to move into banking or financial services, this is definitely a step in the right direction.
A career move to the Caribbean/Bermuda will provide you with an excellent work-life balance ensuring you have time to enjoy the warm climate and relaxed lifestyle. They are proud of their beautiful white sandy beaches, lush rainforests and diverse marine life. There is something for everyone here; be it snorkelling, sunbathing, sipping cocktails in stunning locations or sampling the unique and mouth-watering cuisine.
This is just one of a number of opportunities we are recruiting for across the UK and Overseas. Levitate Recruitment are the leading Accountancy Practice and Insolvency Recruitment Specialist.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about your career options regarding live or future opportunities, contact Scott Lowes at the Levitate Offices.
Refer a friend
Do you know a colleague that is considering their career options? Levitate Recruitment have a fantastic referral scheme in which we pay up to £1000* as a thank you.