We are keen to speak with qualified corporate tax professionals regarding an excellent opportunity in a top tier firm of accountants in Manchester. The firm has won lots of new clients across the last 12 months and are now expanding their entire tax function in Manchester. As the team is growing, the firm can offer structured development plans specifically designed around your own career goals and objectives.
- Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- Work closely with internal and client team across the UK to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
- Visit other company offices and client premises when required.
- Review draft tax computations
- Work closely with clients to obtain additional information if required
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
- Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review by a manager/senior manager and sending to the client.
- Develop and maintain relationships and act as primary liaison to local office teams and offshore partners.
- Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately.
- Candidate should have suitable experience in a similar role and whilst ATT / CTA / ACA is of preference, our client will also remain open to those people qualified by experience.
- Experienced in reviewing corporate tax computations and returns.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; UK GAAP tax accounting for single entities and simple groups.
- Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).