We have been engaged by a top 10 firm in Central Manchester to speak with high calibre Corporate Tax Compliance professionals regarding a Tax Manager opportunity in their firm. Working closely with a wide range of clients, your portfolio will spread across OMBs through to large International groups. The role would suit both Assistant Managers looking for their next step and experienced Managers that are keen to progress in a larger firm environment.
- Manage a portfolio of companies across Manchester and Liverpool that range from OMB clients to large international groups.
- Work closely with the with the client and other service lines to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information.
- Review tax computations prepared by more junior team members.
- Reviewing current and deferred tax calculations (including listed companies, under IFRS, and under FRS102) using Alphatax and producing accounts disclosures including consolidated tax notes.
- Reviewing other Compliance work including CT61s and applications for Certificates of Residence.
- Ensuring WIP analysis, billing and the compliance status tracker are updated.
- Sending out computations and returns to clients and ensuring they are submitted on time.
- Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently.
- Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes.
- Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance.
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge and ensuring all team members follow suit.
- Manage a team of people, taking responsibility for individuals annual and interim appraisals and assisting them to progress their career.
- Assist managers and partners of Tax Advisory with identifying specific advisory issues to consider
- ACA and/or CTA Qualified
- Extensive experience of corporate tax compliance.
- Demonstrate broad and strong technical tax knowledge.
- Demonstrate extensive experience of working as part of a team.
- Willingness to develop leadership skills.
- Interested in technology including robotics, analytics, data mining, data management.
- Able to build good relationships with clients and members of the team.
- Able to build good relationships with members of the team.
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget.
- Significant experience of developing project plans and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines.
- Broad experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Ideally proficient in Alphatax.