We are currently working with a Top 10 firm in that are keen to speak with experienced Tax professionals regarding career opportunities within their Chelmsford Corporate Tax team. The role is at manager level and will provide the opportunity for the right individual to push towards partnership.
You will be responsible for managing a client portfolio that consists of multinational and large corporate clients with complex tax affairs. You will also work on a range of advisory projects and be expected to take an active role in identifying further revenue streams through regular business development at networking events.
- You will manage a client portfolio and be the main client contact for tax purposes.
- Identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- You will manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including the costs and billing arrangements.
- Prepare and presenting proposals of new work to prospective clients.
- Take a lead role in business development activities.
- Ensure that all clients needs are identified and serviced across all departments by keeping regular contact with other departmental heads in the firm.
- Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Manage staff members effectively ensuring that you take an active part in their development.
- Brief junior staff on the client’s business during planning meetings and supervise and control the completion of work at all times.
- Ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage compliance work team efficiently.
- CTA / ATII qualified is preferred or equivalent (along with an accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA).
- Significant experience as a Manager or strong Assistant Manager is required
- Proven experience in client handling and project management
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Tax experience from a practice background would be a distinct advantage.
- Business development experience and interest in this aspect.