Levitate Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a growing Accountancy Practice in Leeds. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Forensic Accountant at either Assistant Manager, Manager or Senior Manager level. There is significant growth forecast for the firm and they are focused on recruiting the right person and will recruit at the level required to enhance their forensic offering.
- Work closely alongside the office Partner.
- Prepare fee quotes from information provided by Solicitors, Counsels, Claimants, Defendants and Clients
- Develop a strategy to determine the scope of the case and the work required- quantifying potential losses, including loss of earnings / profits in relation to personal injury, fatal accident, breach of contracts, professional negligence; money laundering, theft, fraud, tax evasion and investigations, inadequacy of books and records; business valuations, share valuations, agency valuations in matrimonial and commercial disputes, including tax implications, regulatory requirements, minority shareholding implications, HMRC disputes, insolvency issues, director disqualification proceedings.
- Review, analyse and verify confidential and sensitive evidence for use in Court proceedings and potential litigation.
- Critically review the work of the opposing party, this may be the Claimant/Defendant/ Applicant/Respondent/HMRC/Government bodies/Prosecution/other party’s Forensic Accountants/advisors, or others.
- Interpret mass volumes of complex data and reconciliation of accounts, including reconstruction of accounts from source documents
- Develop fact finding questions for further areas of investigation and request additional documentary evidence for consideration
- Preparation of expert financial information and analysis for both litigation and investigations
- Attend conferences with Solicitors, Counsel, Claimants, Defendants, Clients, Law Enforcement Agencies, Government bodies
- Prepare reports with supporting schedules and appendices, in a clear and concise format suitable for Court purposes, under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR), and Family Procedure Rules (FPR) for claimants, defendants and on joint instructions
- Prepare other written advice/opinions/valuations, letter reports, etc for consideration by Clients, solicitors and Counsel where appropriate.
- Attendance at joint meetings and preparation of Joint Statements
- Express an Expert opinion and put forward an opposing argument
- Monitor cases to ensure areas quoted in the fee are covered, time limits are met, fee estimates remain appropriate, budgets are not exceeded, the scope of the work remains within that quoted, providing regular verbal and written updates to Solicitors, Counsel, Claimants, Defendants and Clients
- Issue bills and monitor quotes outstanding (won/lost).
- Support the development of the Forensic Team, identifying training needs and working with the People and Culture team to implement value add training
This is an opportunity to join a growing Accountancy Practice and help shape their Forensics offering. There is genuine opportunity for partnership for the right individuals within this practice.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualified.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a Civil Forensic capacity
This is just one of a number of opportunities we are recruiting for across the UK and Overseas. Levitate Recruitment are the leading Accountancy Practice and Insolvency Recruitment Specialist.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about your career options regarding live or future opportunities, contact Scott Lowes at the Levitate Offices.