A Mid-Tier firm in Swindon is currently recruiting for a general practice manager to work closely with partners and ensure the smooth running of the Audit & Accounts team. You will work across a diverse portfolio of clients in both the coportate and not for profit sectos. This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant to push on as the firm can offer a structured career development plan that will allow you to progress towards becoming a responsible individual and part of the partnership team.
- Day to day management of the audit and accounts department
- Reviewing and preparing statutory and non-corporate accounts from single entry incomplete records systems or balanced systems
- Reviewin and preparing draft business tax and corporation tax computations
- Managing and carrying out both corporate and not for profit sector audit assignments with an experienced team of seniors and trainee accountants
- Working closely with clients to manage their expectations and offering support for general accounting queries
- Take everyopportunity to increase revenue and spot opportunities with both curent and potential clients.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Experience of working within an accountancy practice where you have been responsible for supervising or managing a team.
- At least 4 years experience of working in and audit & accounts team and ideally some exposure to the charity or not for profit sector would be a great advantage.
- Proven ability to communicate well with clients and colleagues
- Experience in SAGE, Quickbooks, Kashflow or SAGE SAPA would be useful but not essential.