Levitate Recruitment have been instructed to speak with Qualified Insolvency practitioners regarding an excellent opportunity in Yorkshire. Joining an established Law firm, you will head up a small team responsible for the delivery of mixed caseload of corporate insolvency appointments. You will also be tasked with assisting the firm to further develop existing relationships and build further revenue.
Please note that the role is for an appointment taker and similar to other Insolvency practitioner roles within accountancy and specialist insolvency firms.
- Take appointments as a Licenced Insolvency Practitioner.
- Act with reasonable skill and care in carrying out the statutory duties of an officeholder, in respect of insolvency and other appointments.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations and current best practice standards, and maintain the highest professional standards at all times.
- Providing technical support and guidance to the Insolvency Team.
- Take personal accountability to proactively consider and manage conduct risk throughout the department ensuring that we share and acknowledge the firm’s values and communicate this to staff.
- Attend monthly management review meetings to drive continuous improvement by review of key performance indicators and communicate updates and polices to the wider team.
- Maintain files in a neat and orderly state and ensure that each file is reviewed and recorded as having been reviewed against the computer printout supplied by the Accounts Department every month.
- Maintain time recording records on all matters on a daily basis and submit completed forms to the Accounts Department.
- Ensure quality of work produced by the Insolvency Team is to the highest standard and aim to ensure it is right first time.
- Understand the obligations relating to insolvent estate accounts, client and office accounts, and ensure the preparation and service of bills comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Ensure compliance with all obligations in relation to the handling of estate and client monies.
- Achieve financial and other targets agreed with the Department Head or Branch Partner.
- JIEB qualified
- Ideally previous experience of taking insolvency appointments within your name
- Previous experience of developing new business would be of an advantage although is not necessary.