We are currently working with a firm of accountants in Manchester that are recruiting for experienced internal audit assistant managers to join their Internal audit, risk and compliance services team. The firm as a whole can offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and within this team they can offer specialist services to include: Internal Audit, Internal Control review, advisory projects and risk management. Clients are based in both the private and public sector including central government departments and their arms’ length bodies.
The team also works closely with other consulting teams, for example cyber security specialists, digital experts or other SMEs to ensure clients receive the best possible advice and service.
The role of an Assistant Manager will be particularly attractive to those who have experience or knowledge of internal audit within a mid-market or large corporates environment, central government agency, or NAO. Whilst the role will be based in Manchester, applicants must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions, with the potential to be away from home for up to four days per week for set periods of time.
- Delivery of internal audit reviews and associated reporting
- Assurance mapping and the creation of annual audit plans for clients
- Providing internal audit services on both an outsourced and co-sourced contractual basis
- Managing and directly delivering individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects which includes planning, review, quality assurance and reporting
- Working with clients’ in house internal audit functions to supply specialist or additional resource needed
- Sarbanes Oxley advisory services and delivery, including implementation projects and ingoing SOX testing
- Advising clients on emerging legal, regulatory, governance, risk management, auditing, accounting and financial reporting standard
- Supporting the development of audit strategies which address all audit, client service and project management issues
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient in line with IIA & PSIAS Standards
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain audit findings and drafting reports
- Reporting to partners/directors/managers all salient points arising from assignments
- Providing relevant and timely input to quarterly Audit Committee papers
- Supporting managers with the setting of budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against them
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled
- Supporting managers with financial aspects of engagements (e.g. fees being raised promptly / identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities)
- Providing coaching and training to junior staff (where appropriate) on risk management and internal audit methodology
- Supporting management by identifying new opportunities to work with clients and targets
- Assisting with business development, proposals & bids
- Qualified (IIA, CCAB, ICAEW or equivalent). Accounting qualification is highly preferable due to the requirement for SOX testing experience
- SOX testing experience is essential and experience of SOX implementation projects is highly beneficial. The candidate must have relevant up to date knowledge of SOX404 requirements
- Experience of being a key client contact for engagements and dealing with day to day interactions at FC / FD level
- Commercial awareness and the ability to be flexible to adapt recommendations to client situations
- Proven project management skills
- Solid interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is just one of a number of opportunities we are recruiting for across the UK and Overseas. Levitate Recruitment are the leading Accountancy Practice and Insolvency Recruitment Specialist.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about your career options regarding live or future opportunities, contact Scott Lowes at the Levitate Offices.
Refer a friend
Do you know a colleague that is considering their career options? Levitate Recruitment have a fantastic referral scheme in which we pay up to £1000* as a thank you.