We are currently recruiting for management accountants to join a top 20 firm of accountants in Central London. The firm has experienced significant growth in its business outsourcing department and client demand has never been busier.
Working with entrepreneurial businesses across multiple sectors you will be tasked with providing professional support to assist them in achieving their goals.
The firm has further plans to grow the team and invite ambitious individuals that are looking to push through to management over the next 18 months.
- Reconciliation of control accounts – Bank, purchase ledger, sales ledger and PAYE
- Journal entries
- Calculation and posting of accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of VAT returns and associated legislation returns, including cash accounting and partial exemption
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of year end accounts to 1st draft stages
- Communicate with and deal with any queries from clients, including attending their premises when required
- Ability to communicate confidently with Partners and Managers regarding your clients
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience/understanding of working with clients across a broad range of sectors and industries
- Competent with manual and computerised bookkeeping
- Able to produce accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Clear and confident communication techniques and ability to feedback to all members of staff
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage time to meet deadlines
- Able to travel to all areas of London and occasionally other locations if required
- Good IT skills including confidence with using Sage Line 50 and Excel
- Online software experience across a diverse range of packages is advantageous
- Applicants must have recently been responsible for dealing with a substantial client portfolio, and will have gained their experience within another accountancy practice. The firm will consider people that are currently working in an internal accounting function but this must be for no more than 2 years since leaving a similar practice role.