A highly regarded international accountancy practice based in Birmingham are currently recruiting for an audit Manager within their well established and growing pensions team.
Reporting to the Director of Pensions you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients which will comprise of larger defined benefit and hybrid pension schemes.
This role offers fantastic progression and an opportunity for professionals to enhance their career within an International practice that focuses on the development of their staff.
- You will be the main client contact for a portfolio of pension audit clients and be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships at senior levels.
- Manage each pension scheme audit from start to finish, including initial client planning discussion, staff resourcing, managing and reviewing the audit planning, execution and completion.
- Responsible for the financial management of the portfolio of pension audit clients.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Develop and maintain knowledge specific to pension schemes and their accounting, auditing and regulatory requirements in addition to maintaining knowledge of general UK GAAP and GAAS.
- Support Partners and Directors in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Working with other audit managers, organise and manage the pensions audit team (e.g. resource planning; merit rate meetings; staff training; and efficiency gains).
- You may also have the opportunity to work on other commercial audit clients from time to time.
- ACA/ACCA/ACMA or equivalent, or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years experience of working with Pension scheme clients.
- Previous experience of supervising and coaching members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Experience of substantive auditing, including statutory accounts and disclosures, and of project/portfolio management.