We are currently recruiting for a Private Client Personal Tax Manager to join a Top 20 firm of accountants in Central London. The role will be varied and consists of UK resident and non-resident individuals, non-domiciled individuals, partnerships, trusts and landed estates. This is a challenging and interesting opportunity that will include exposure to a wide range of clients.
- Responsible for your own portfolio of high net worth private clients including all compliance matters and assisting with planning and advisory projects. Work includes:
- Self-assessment tax returns for wealthy individuals, partnership and trusts
- Associated tax computations including CGT calculations on securities, chattels and property transactions
- Completion of estate tax returns
- Related and complex aspects of looking after the tax affairs of a variety of high net worth private clients, including non-UK domiciliaries.
- You will manage and review the work of junior staff within the group and take active responsibility for staff development.
- You will report directly to a senior manager and partner and assist them in the management of the group as a whole
- CTA or ACA qualified
- Experience in a similar position in a medium to large sized firm and currently operating as a manager.
- Experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problem solving and the ability to use your own initiative is essential, with the experience of sole trader accounts preparation and preparing computations from accounts being desirable.
- Previous experience of using computerised accounts or tax packages is useful. The firm uses CCH Central.
- The successful applicant will require confidence in dealing with partners and clients, excellent organisation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner.