We are currently recruiting for a strong regional firm of accountants that have experienced growth within their personal tax team. They are keen to speak with tax professionals that have experience in all aspects of both personal and business taxation. The role will involve managing a client portfolio and working closely with senior level people on a daily basis and the minimum qualification considered will be ATT and you must have at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Managing a portfolio of up to 250 personal tax clients ensuring compliance with Revenue and in house deadlines.
- Calculation and advice of personal tax/NICs and Class 1A NICs liabilities, together with due dates of payment to client.
- Arranging preparation of P11Ds and PAYE dispensation applications and review.
- Arranging PAYE settlement agreements.
- Chasing and checking tax refunds..
- Amending previous years for any adjustments required.
- Reviewing IT/C4NIC payments on account at intervals and reducing where appropriate.
- Meeting with potential new clients and attracting new business.
- Arranging for new contacts’ and clients’ records to be set up through Pertax.
- Arranging for ex-clients records to be deleted where appropriate through Pertax.
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone calls and arranging interviews with clients/potential clients.
- Dealing with HMRC.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and progressing them, to encompass income tax, NIC, capital gains tax, inheritance tax planning opportunities (possibly also corporation tax, VAT and stamp taxes, depending on knowledge and experience).
- Attending networking events and seminars
- Capital gains and inheritance tax planning and advice.
- ATT or CTA Qualified
- At least 1 years experience post qualification with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience in a Professional Services, or practice background.
- Experience with CCH Pertax or equivalent.
- Must be able to work within the EU without requiring sponsorship.
This is just one of a number of opportunities we are recruiting for across the UK and Overseas. Levitate Recruitment are the leading Accountancy Practice and Insolvency Recruitment Specialist.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about your career options regarding live or future opportunities, contact Scott Lowes at the Levitate Offices.