We are currently working with a top 20 accountancy practice in Central London that is keen to speak with experienced portfolio managers about an opportunity at Management level. Managing a portfolio of predominantly media clients you will be responsible for providing all round business services to include: 40% Audit, 40% General Accounting services & 20% Tax.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a well renowned firm that can offered structured career progression through to Director level and eventually partner
- Provide a client focused service in an efficient and professional manner, in line with relevant legislation, standards and best practice.
- Manage, train & develop junior members of staff on a daily basis.
- Actively promote and market the firm and its services, to attract new clients and retain and develop relationships with existing clients.
- The client portfolio will consist mainly of Media clients along with other mixed sectors.
- Ensure that all work is carried out within budget and the job is finalised to minimise partner review time.
- Delegates appropriately ensuring clear instructions are given and objectives and deadlines set – monitors workload of Assistant Managers.
- Prepares for and attends review and finalisation meeting with partners and clients.
- Provides a full briefing with clear and specific instructions to staff on a job before it starts, and monitors progress and provides support during the job.
- Carry out all work to ensure it is in line with ISO 9001 procedures.
- Assists with motivation of all staff and takes an active role in managing issues
- Produce training material and regularly present training to trainees on a variety of topics.
- Take an active role in practice development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
- Assist with billing procedures and debt collection where appropriate and in liaison with client partner.
- Liaises with the client to arrange timetable and diarises deadlines and key events. Pro-actively chases client and partner to ensure agreed timetables and deadlines are met.
- Monitor the progress of jobs and keep the clients and partners informed of all relevant developments.
- You will have opportunities to gain experience in other service lines such as; investigations & corporate finance.
- Relevant Accounting Qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, managing both people and a portfolio for at least 3-5 years within the UK – No Sponsorship available.
- Experience within Audit, Financial & Management accounts & corporation tax
- Experience with media clients would be advantageous but is not required.
- Excellent client care and service experience
- High level of technical competence.
- Commercially aware and able to apply and communicate technical knowledge in a clear and commercial way.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an all round practice accountant that wants to build on a portfolio and push forward to Senior Management & Partnership.