Levitate Recruitment has been engaged to seek out high-calibre Audit Managers and Audit Senior Managers for life-changing opportunities in Sydney Australia. Working as an Audit Manager or Audit Senior Manager for one of the world’s most recognised Accountancy firms, you will have a great opportunity to work with a diverse client base and assist in the development of the firm’s audit operations and future strategy.
Our client will take the lead in securing the appropriate sponsorship and working Visa and you will experience excellent support to include flights from the UK and accommodation upon arrival in Sydney.
- Critically assess an audit planning section to ensure completeness of identified risks and proposed procedures for a range of clients.
- Draft audit budgets and plan/allocate appropriate staff. Communicate audit risks and related procedures to those charged with governance
- Effectively manage, coordinate and critically review the audit fieldwork on a range of clients, and identify audit issues, inconsistencies or omissions.
- Review compliance of audit files in line with International Auditing Standards
- Working closely with the audit partners to draft and submit audit committee reports and management letters.
- Present audit findings and discuss issues with Audit/Committee Board.
- Draft appropriate audit reports for all types of entities and reporting frameworks
- Identify audit and reporting requirements and audit accounts of non-standard entities such as trusts, partnerships, joint ventures etc.
- Audit general-purpose set of financial statements of listed, disclosing and non-disclosing entities; detailed review of the disclosure checklist in accordance with the applicable reporting framework; ensure the accounts comply with applicable legislation and accounting standards; and establish that the accounts represent a true and fair view of the client.
- Direct and supervise junior staff members in their completion of designated planning procedures
- Completion of staff Performance Development Reviews, providing feedback and identifying training needs
- Reporting of business KPIs as appropriate
- Management of client work-in-progress, including drafting invoices, forecasting and follow-up of outstanding accounts
- Service line management including contribution to overall service line strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- ACA, ACCA or CPA Qualified
- Extensive experience in a chartered accountancy environment
- A broad range of client experience (ideally ASX listed companies but not essential) across various industries
- Client-focused and possess excellent organisation, and time management skills
- Achieves successful outcomes through clear and effective communication and the ability to relate to others
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and skills, including applied knowledge of IFRS
- Independent thinker with the ability to derive alternative solutions to problems
- Assumes responsibility and accountability and is able to manage a large portfolio of clients
- Focussed on achieving team outcomes
- Gathers the right information to propose a practical approach, and progresses to align solutions to commercial results
- Acts with integrity and builds a positive profile to reach the desired outcome.
- Is willing and driven, confident, demonstrates initiative and takes a proactive approach
- Presents themself in a professional manner and is a good communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.