Levitate Recruitment are working with a Big 4 firm in Manchester that are keen to strengthen their team by recruiting a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager. Working within the firms Tax Centre of Excellence you will service a wide range of clients from mid-market to FTSE listed groups across a wide range of sectors.
The firm can offer flexible hours both part-time or full time including flexible working hours with earlier or later starts.
- Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC.
- Work closely with other UK offices an clients to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
- Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
- Review the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required.
- Liaise with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
- Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review by a manager/senior manager and sending to the client.
- Provide advice and support to clients and other team members.
- Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with local office teams as needed.
- Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
- The firm are open to individuals that are qualified by experience as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience of review of corporate tax computations and returns.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; UK GAAP tax accounting for single entities and simple groups.
- Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
- Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).