Levitate Recruitment Ltd. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are and what we do
Levitate Recruitment Ltd is recruitment business serving the accountancy & Insolvency market in the UK, The Channel Islands, Australia, New Zealand, The Caribbean & Bermuda.
We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees and consultants;
- Attendees of events run by the company
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to us or we collect about you.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register on our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, financial information, compliance documentation, and references verifying your qualifications and experience, your right to work, curriculum vitae and photograph, and links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook or corporate website.
Information we collect about you when you visit our website.
With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
Information we obtain from other sources.
We might also collect information about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, your business card, and personal recommendations. In this case, we will inform you, by sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data, of the fact we hold personal data about you, the source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about.
The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of permanent engagement. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
We will in some circumstances, rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client (if you are a candidate).
Our Legitimate Business Interests
To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts. Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
As a recruitment business and recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
Should we require consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
Other Uses we will make of your data:
- Use of our website;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA
We will share your personal information with Selected third parties including:
- Clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
- Candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- Clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Email marketing specialists for the purpose of Levitate Recruitment marketing content only
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Levitate Recruitment is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply of services and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Levitate Recruitment Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The lawful basis for the third party processing will include:
- their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs;
- satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- for the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- to fulfil their legal obligations.
Where we store and process your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA for the purpose of our recruitment services. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, our recruitment services and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you acknowledge this transfer, storing or processing of your personal data. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- prior to making an introduction we check that we have accurate information about you
- we keep in touch with you so you can let us know of changes to your personal data
We may archive part or all of your personal data or retain it on our financial systems only, deleting all or part of it from our main Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system. To ensure your data is not added again after a deletion request, we will only keep your name and location of city with a note of right to be forgotten to ensure your contact details are not added again.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting unsubscribing at the bottom of all email contact or by visiting are unsubscribe page: UNSUBSCRIBE
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights. To:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body, which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Access to information
We encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete. A subject access request should be submitted to email@example.com No fee will apply.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcome and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org