Location: Caribbean & Bermuda
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 Low Tax – + benefits package + relocation package + excellent social events
Islands: Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Turks & Caicos & Bermuda
Due to internal promotions and the completion of secondment contracts, Big 4 and Top 10 firms across the Caribbean are seeking high calibre, Audit Seniors. As the roles are in high demand places are secured early in the year; companies are currently conducting telephone interviews with qualified and soon to be qualified accountants. Opportunities in these locations offer individuals the chance to enhance their career and life experiences.
You will join as an audit senior and work under the guidance of experienced managers. You will be involved in all aspects of the engagement from planning, fieldwork and completion. For those making the transition from conventional Audit to Financial Services, comprehensive training is provided.
Key aspects of these roles;
- Very Low or Tax-Free salaries.
- Client sectors will include;
- Mutual Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Structured Investment Vehicles
- Client’s revenues range anywhere from $100 million up to $5 billion.
- Working in teams ranging from 3 to 20 people.
- Upon completion of your training, you will take on responsibility for a team of 4.
- After your first 12 months, you will be assigned a new starter to take under your wing to mentor and ease into work and island life.
- There are opportunities for secondments, including;
- Secondments to New York
- Secondments to Banks, Insurance Companies and Hedge Fund Management companies.
- Contracts are typically 18 months/2 years however Managers are always required so those wishing to stay longer are more than welcome.
- A number of firms promote a more casual ‘office based’ dress code than you would typically find elsewhere.
The annual intake of qualified professionals across the islands brings together a diverse range of cultures from around the world. The islands also boast an extremely buoyant tourist industry which adds further diversity and vibrancy to the islands. The tourism industry attracts considerable government investment in the islands’ infrastructure making the quality of life there extremely high.
Due to the nature of the clients in the Caribbean and Bermuda, these roles provide the benefits of gaining first-hand and valuable insight into the financial services industry whilst having the support network of an International firm.
A career move to one of these destinations will provide you with an excellent work-life balance ensuring you have time to enjoy the warm climate and relaxed lifestyle. They are proud of their beautiful white sandy beaches, lush rainforests and diverse marine life. There is something for everyone here; be it snorkelling, sunbathing, sipping cocktails in stunning locations or sampling the unique and mouth-watering cuisine. The firms all actively organise and promote internal and external social events to ensure that their staff integrate and settle well into island life.
- ACA/ACCA/CPA/CA qualified or soon to be qualified.
- Due to strict visa/work permit criteria our clients can only consider applications from the UK, Ireland, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa.
- Top 20 accountancy firm background ideally required.
For further information, please contact Scott Lowes at the Levitate Recruitment offices.